July 12, 2015
Originally posted on 7-10-15 at Lexxperience.com.That last post was way too thinky. Let's have some fun!
I love Xander Bennett. I can't help it. He finally unfollowed me, guess I'm just too weird. I think Lexx fans get that a lot. We're the fringe kids not quite in the 'adorable' and 'cute' eccentricities.
Let's find out how this crazy cannibal from the Cluster winds up becoming Pope. Here, quickie review before I start, subscribe to mobiusbelmont for lots more awesome.
First set of screen snips click back to sources at LexxPix.
Genevieve G. Rota is a real estate agent who 'woke up one day' on the little blue planet, along with all the other souls who inhabited Fire and Water before the Lexx blew them up. (s4ep4 Stan Down) We find out, along with Isambard Prince, who is watching the news, that the Sacred College of Cardinals chose a new Pope, and in a surprise break from tradition, they made a real estate agent from Miami the new Holy Father.
When she finds out she was chosen during a closed door session that used the only bit of newspaper in the room to break the deadlock (her name in the real estate section having a nice Catholic ring to it), Genevieve rips her sign up during an ecstatic dance of joy, laughing that she's now the Father, then rapping about kissing her ring.
As per my part 3 post, please note when you next watch this episode that Prince didn't seem at all pleased with this news. It actually seems like he ignores it by switching the channel back to Stanley Tweedle being held prisoner, but if you think about the previous rivalry between Prince and Queen on Fire, you know it's serious panic time when he finds out a few seconds later that the President collaborated with Stanley behind his back, and now Giggy is suddenly a loose canon as the most powerful person in the world. The first time I watched season four I didn't catch the dynamic, but the race is on now, and the competition over the key to the Lexx will become fierce, once again. Prince must get Stanley and the President back under his thumb before the Pope does. And that's all I'm going to say, you either get the power rivalry problem or you don't. It's not an accident that Prince tells the President he's in Miami, knowing that the chain reaction will be to have the Lexx blow up Miami where Genevieve was just on live television.
The next time we see Pope Genevieve is in s4ep20 Apocalexx Now. By this time, most viewers are so dizzy and confused by the bawdy vaudeville style storyline (I loved it) that it's difficult to see what's really going on. Don't stop at President Priest (his name is literally State Church, if you think about it) misunderstanding Japaneseland, or the First Lady, who is wearing an American flag bikini, being waved aside by a gender swapped Pope. Look at the power structure that is setting up right before everything goes haywire. Where is Prince? Where is Stanley? Where is the key to the Lexx?
If I may, seasons three and four are one big long chess game that is finally played between Kai and Prince on a real chess board just before the end, and the goal is to capture the power and gain the Lexx. Bunny was brought in to get the key from Stanley (she failed more than once) and help Prince control Priest. Lyekka and 790 are wild cards. Pope Genevieve is too egocentric to notice the bigger game, as usual. Prince is pulling strings like crazy trying to maintain some kind of control. It's up to Xev and Kai to get it all straightened out. (Battle of Five Armies, lol- Lyekka's carrots, Pope's assassins, Prince's ATF organization, the Lexx crew helping Dr. Longbore, and 790 holding down the biggest weapon of mass destruction in two universes.)
The following screen snips are from The Pic Bug and will click back to her site.I love that Pope Genevieve is taller than President Priest. She's very intimidating.And bossy. And mean.Interesting power partnership. This can't end well. Where is Prince, anyway?Oopsie, the most powerful person on earth just caught the guy who has the key to the Lexx.She's aiming for the gas canister above Stanley. Note the lit candles below him.Missed killing Stanley by that much, lol. Prince would be having heart attacks if he saw this.Her end was so apropos. If you don't remember because you haven't watched in so long, it's high time you rewatched.
Giggerota/Queen/Pope has been a worldwide character discussion for years, as evidenced in -> this collection of links <- on the discussion of Giggerota, including books about fictional popes and scifi characters.
Giggerota is also discussed and enjoyed in more length at-
"Ambiguously Human" in TV Tropes fave
Lexx wikia wiki
Wolvie's Lexx Lair
The Lexx series is distributed worldwide by Echo Bridge Entertainment and can be purchased for viewing through a variety of online streaming and retail outlets such as Amazon, Google Play, and Target. It came through Hulu and Netflix for awhile, so keep your eyes peeled.
Go back to part three.
XANGA IS BACK - a public thank you to the Xanga Team.
Lexxperience.com supports mobile viewing until Xanga gets that going again. (It's back on my Android now when I turn it sideways.)
Lexxperience is also on Facebook Public sharing page for Lexx fans.
Open discussion in the Lexxperience group on Facebook if you'd like to interact with me and other fans about what I'm writing about Lexx.
SAVE LEXX <-- what's happening with this blog.
I will NEVER ask for or accept donations to keep this site going. Ever.
Laptop screencaps used in not for profit blog episode and character reviews and film study at grandfortuna.xanga.com and lexxperience.blogspot.com Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
My screencaps are hosted at LexxPix. You are welcome to use my bandwidth to share these pix to other sites.
Public hashtag #pblexxpix goes to a shared album in my photobucket. Anything on twitter, instagram, and photobucket labeled with this hashtag will automatically appear in this album as well. You are welcome to use my bandwidth to share these pix to other sites.
Lexx fans have permission to translate and copy my material to other fan sites and hotlink images from this blog.
My original tracker also still lets me see the latest 500 visitors on a map. I once counted over 80 countries among the total visits. You guys are not alone. Click the map to see it better.
Besides Lexx, the most common search phrases that bring new visitors here are variations on 'huge spaceship'. The most seen post from a phrase search is How Big is the Lexx? My biggest Lexx referrer is Lexx Domain. Most of page views per person count comes from the Lexx tag on Tumblr. Visitors who stay the longest come through URLOpener and are pinged through the Google translator server in Mountain View, CA.
Everything I have in this blog
- 1127 January 27, 2016
- Zev vs Xev August 27, 2015
- Pope Giggy- Giggerota, Part 4 July 12, 2015
- It's Good to be Queen- Giggerota, Part Three July 12, 2015
- gettin Giggy with the afterlife: Giggerota- Part Two July 12, 2015
- Giggerota the Wicked, Part One July 12, 2015
- Heresy in the First Degree- Thodin of the Ostral-B Pair March 29, 2015
- this is a test March 19, 2015
- Are You Lexxperienced? February 8, 2015
- 790 spotted at a comiccon September 15, 2014
- Lexxperience August 19, 2014
- Bunny July 5, 2014
- Whatever happened to the Line Major? June 18, 2014
- googled7648688230920ba.html June 11, 2014
- ugmo June 1, 2014
- Lexx on twitter May 15, 2014
- Where can I watch Lexx? April 15, 2014
- I Worship His Shadow- part 10- the bug bomb March 13, 2014
- Lexx is not dead March 5, 2014
- Valentine Lexx February 4, 2014
- Last of the Brunnen-G: Sci-fi's Favorite Zombie February 3, 2014
- The Dark Zone and the Cycles of Time January 17, 2014
- Lexx fans video chat December 13, 2013
- But the dark zone is full of depravity and evilness and darkness November 6, 2013
- Lexx 2.0- coughing through the dust cloud September 4, 2013
- Lexx- Season Two August 26, 2013
- Print Your Own LEXX Magazine June 17, 2013
- LEXX WATCH PARTY 6-15-13 June 13, 2013
- Stargate Pie May 21, 2013
- the coolest LEXX t-shirt in the world May 14, 2013
- in which I thought T'Pol was a goner May 2, 2013
- Please Don't Bring Merlin Back April 27, 2013
- Lost Lexx Art April 12, 2013
- The Runelord April 12, 2013
- The Dead Do Not Snark April 9, 2013
- early monthly update April April 4, 2013
- Lexx actors on twitter and facebook March 28, 2013
- Old Fashioned Chicken Stock March 26, 2013
- the making of Lexx March 24, 2013
- Why Lexx Is Personal March 23, 2013
- The Lexx Revival Project March 19, 2013
- Lexx Twitter Challenge March 18, 2013
- monthly update March 2013 March 14, 2013
- 3-13-13 March 13, 2013
- How big is the Lexx? February 26, 2013
- the day after Q February 22, 2013
- wrath of Q, sort of February 21, 2013
- diabetes and steroid meds February 21, 2013
- monthy update February 2013 February 15, 2013
- campfire scrambled eggs February 12, 2013
- Stanley Tweedle February 3, 2013
- the sounds of LEXX- info, downloads, soundtracks January 25, 2013
- I Worship His Shadow- part 9- Thodin January 10, 2013
- glitchy guestbook January 9, 2013
- Group LEXX watch twitter party January 5, 2013
- The Nerdist Wimp January 1, 2013
- You Can't Handle Watching LEXX December 30, 2012
- Loca Chili Bake December 29, 2012
- surprise! December 29, 2012
- Lexx- wallpapers, icons, pix December 27, 2012
- Kai on the River Kwai December 23, 2012
- Lexx on Netflix December 23, 2012
- End of the World December 21, 2012
- pleasant surprises December 18, 2012
- Happy Decemberween December 15, 2012
- Holiday Lexx December 14, 2012
- Lexx traffic December 12, 2012
- Why Lexx Is Important December 7, 2012
- Prisoner Zero December 7, 2012
- Lexx ecards December 4, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 8- Zev Bellringer December 1, 2012
- What, NO Lexx??? November 28, 2012
- chicken herd November 27, 2012
- sausage king of Chicago November 27, 2012
- Da Lexx- Rapdicted November 27, 2012
- Lexx on Droid November 25, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 7- Termination November 25, 2012
- Lexx and psychological health, perhaps November 20, 2012
- in between times November 19, 2012
- Any particular reason why Florida? November 18, 2012
- Holidays with Diabetes- Easier Than You Think November 14, 2012
- this year has been intoxicating November 13, 2012
- Lexx- opening sequence November 13, 2012
- Daycation November 9, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 6- The Big Bug November 7, 2012
- Wabble- online Scrabble game November 6, 2012
- and, sadly, no rooster around to make this worthwhile November 2, 2012
- Team Nerd November 1, 2012
- Saving Mr.s Thompson- the secrets October 31, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 5- The Time Prophet October 30, 2012
- autumn peak in the Ozarks October 29, 2012
- happy birthday! October 24, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 4- His Divine Shadow October 22, 2012
- 172 October 20, 2012
- how to give to charity, Charlie Brown October 19, 2012
- 173 October 18, 2012
- John Deakins- Barrow October 18, 2012
- 174 October 17, 2012
- 175 October 16, 2012
- 176 October 15, 2012
- Italian Chicken Fingers October 14, 2012
- killing time in between thunderstorms October 13, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 3- Stanley Tweedle October 12, 2012
- prisoner transports over a stadium... October 11, 2012
- why am I taking so long posting more Lexx?!?! >=( October 11, 2012
- stunt double October 9, 2012
- professional yard cleaning service October 8, 2012
- really good chicken soup October 7, 2012
- a meandering kind of day October 5, 2012
- The Nerdist Way October 3, 2012
- Saving Mr.s Thompson October 2, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 2- The Cluster September 29, 2012
- mmm, rocks September 29, 2012
- Glade Top Trail September 24, 2012
- it's Halloween all year long with us September 19, 2012
- cackleberry factory September 16, 2012
- Lexx 1: I Worship His Shadow, part one September 13, 2012
- putting our purple on September 9, 2012
- restaurant quality alfredo sauce September 7, 2012
- The Lexx September 6, 2012
- visitors September 3, 2012
- blueberry buttermilk applejacks September 1, 2012
- Saving Mr. S Thompson August 29, 2012
- LARPing the night away August 24, 2012
- Marcel August 22, 2012
- ready for some peace and quiet August 20, 2012
- sex is wrong, or coming out of the pandimensional closet August 19, 2012
- ok, let's drag Lexx back out of the closet August 17, 2012
- in which I nearly saved Wil Wheaton's life August 16, 2012
- brain melt August 9, 2012
- molten lava cake could also equal love August 7, 2012
- the zombies got sitemeter August 7, 2012
- I married a zombie August 5, 2012
- feed me, Seymour August 4, 2012
- SAVE FERRIS July 29, 2012
- if there's time to lean, there's time to clean- ug July 28, 2012
- on a cicada-free night, you'd think we'd sleep July 28, 2012
- I have this chicken thing July 23, 2012
- Is anybody else watching Lost all over again? July 19, 2012
- zombie apocalypse July 13, 2012
- I did the unthinkable July 12, 2012