July 5, 2014
Spoiler alert- I know some people are still just now discovering Lexx (as evidenced on twitter), so be warned that I don't hesitate to blurt.
Graphics used in this post are modified screen grabs from The Pic Bug and angelbacchae.com, where you can browse through thousands of Lexx captures from all four seasons. All captures I use in this post click back to sources.
Bunny is a conundrum for me. She starts out on the planet Water but winds up being one of Prince's henchmen. How?? How does cute, sweet Bunny wind up playing a star role for the most evil being in two universes?
These two characters (Laleen and the Brunnen-G) played by Patricia Zentilli are unrelated in the overall story, just as Michael McManus playing a different character in season two's White Trash had nothing to do with Kai.
Bunny in seasons three and four, however, might be a reincarnation of Laleen from season two, just as Fifi from seasons three and four is a reincarnation of Schlemmi from season two's Luvliner, as recognized by Xev on Xevivor.
Is this important? Who knows? They don't stop and spell stuff out in Lexx, you just keep running to keep up. I think it's handy, but we don't need Laleen to figure Bunny out, although I probably will take a look at her.
We might assume when we meet Bunny on the planet Water that she is a 'good guy' because she is on Water (heaven), but so is Fifi, which throws obvious assumptions right out the window as season three progresses and we see how truly awful he is. We also get hints later that Prince might have been able to smuggle a few of his people onto Water for purposes of the war, but we're never quite sure that they remember who they are and why they're really there. The afterlife is funny that way- die (again) here, wake up somewhere else and no idea where or who you are. So, ~Bunny~...
Most of what we (and basically everyone around her) base Bunny being 'good' on is her inability to enjoy people being killed, or seeming incapable of contributing to killing others, to the point of sacrificing herself to save others, as she did in Gondola. I think this is very misleading. Just because she is squeamish and wishy-washy doesn't make her a good person, although she is able to appear the innocent victim everywhere she goes. Think about how she transforms from being almost bossy and cranky with Kai on Water (I'm not sure people who are really supposed to be on Water could become fixated on one person like that) to a cringing fearful mouse in the gondola over Fire. Her personality flipped. At first I assumed it was because she was a fish out of water (ha, pun) and terrified of being on Fire, but some people are just really good at manipulating.
This is important. Once you realize that Fifi knew who he was the entire time, and then think back on the unbearable pressure Bunny felt to jump to save everyone, you go Oh, yeah, Fifi figured out who Cupid Kai was on the gondola, so **apparently** (after you've watched seasons three and four a few times it seems more apparent, because the Bunny role was ingeniously subtle) Bunny knew her role as well in the head game that was being played. Just as May was not afraid to die for Prince, neither was Bunny. She acted exactly how she was supposed to act so Stan and Xev could be split further apart taking sides on what was morally right and wrong. For a long time I thought maybe Fifi pushed her out of the gondola, but I don't think he had to. I think she did what she was told, if not with a direct command, at least an indirect pressure. All of the players who obediently died for Prince knew they'd be coming back somewhere later. That was Prince's way of repositioning game pieces, which lends more heft to his arrogance in The Game in season four.
By season four Bunny has graduated to First Lady status, partnered with Prince's very own right hand man. Even if you are paying attention, that just seems like an incredible leap. I watched season four all the way through twice before I finally figured Bunny out. It's really difficult to pin her down to condemnation when she so innocently does things like bravely rally the troops in ApocaLexx Now.
And she obviously doesn't want people to die when Prince orders her to blow Earth up in Dutch Treat.
But that kind of look at Bunny is about as superficial as Bunny herself seems to be. She actually seems to have no problem whatsoever supporting pure evil as long as it lines up with her own selfish obsessions. She had no regard at all for all the moth breeders being killed while she and President Priest tried to steal the key to the Lexx, and even shot some herself in 769.
:edit: 12-2-14 Since I never got back to this post, I'll probably do a Bunny 2 post in the future.
Lexx is also available for purchase through itunes, amazon, Inet Video, Google shopping search, Target, Yidio, tv.com, Play.com, Best Buy, and probably much more, now that it's widely available again at lower prices than it used to be.
XANGA IS BACK - a public thank you to the Xanga Team.
Lexxperience.com supports mobile viewing until Xanga gets that going again. (It's back on my Android now when I turn it sideways.)
Lexxperience is also on Facebook Public sharing page for Lexx fans.
Open discussion in the Lexxperience group on Facebook if you'd like to interact with me and other fans about what I'm writing about Lexx.
SAVE LEXX <-- what's happening with this blog.
I will NEVER ask for or accept donations to keep this site going. Ever.
Laptop screencaps used in not for profit blog episode and character reviews and film study at grandfortuna.xanga.com and lexxperience.blogspot.com Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
My screencaps are hosted at LexxPix. You are welcome to use my bandwidth to share these pix to other sites.
Public hashtag #pblexxpix goes to a shared album in my photobucket. Anything on twitter, instagram, and photobucket labeled with this hashtag will automatically appear in this album as well. You are welcome to use my bandwidth to share these pix to other sites.
Lexx fans have permission to translate and copy my material to other fan sites and hotlink images from this blog.
My original tracker also still lets me see the latest 500 visitors on a map. I once counted over 80 countries among the total visits. You guys are not alone. Click the map to see it better.
Besides Lexx, the most common search phrases that bring new visitors here are variations on 'huge spaceship'. The most seen post from a phrase search is How Big is the Lexx? My biggest Lexx referrer is Lexx Domain. Most of page views per person count comes from the Lexx tag on Tumblr. Visitors who stay the longest come through URLOpener and are pinged through the Google translator server in Mountain View, CA.
Everything I have in this blog
- 1127 January 27, 2016
- Zev vs Xev August 27, 2015
- Pope Giggy- Giggerota, Part 4 July 12, 2015
- It's Good to be Queen- Giggerota, Part Three July 12, 2015
- gettin Giggy with the afterlife: Giggerota- Part Two July 12, 2015
- Giggerota the Wicked, Part One July 12, 2015
- Heresy in the First Degree- Thodin of the Ostral-B Pair March 29, 2015
- this is a test March 19, 2015
- Are You Lexxperienced? February 8, 2015
- 790 spotted at a comiccon September 15, 2014
- Lexxperience August 19, 2014
- Bunny July 5, 2014
- Whatever happened to the Line Major? June 18, 2014
- googled7648688230920ba.html June 11, 2014
- ugmo June 1, 2014
- Lexx on twitter May 15, 2014
- Where can I watch Lexx? April 15, 2014
- I Worship His Shadow- part 10- the bug bomb March 13, 2014
- Lexx is not dead March 5, 2014
- Valentine Lexx February 4, 2014
- Last of the Brunnen-G: Sci-fi's Favorite Zombie February 3, 2014
- The Dark Zone and the Cycles of Time January 17, 2014
- Lexx fans video chat December 13, 2013
- But the dark zone is full of depravity and evilness and darkness November 6, 2013
- Lexx 2.0- coughing through the dust cloud September 4, 2013
- Lexx- Season Two August 26, 2013
- Print Your Own LEXX Magazine June 17, 2013
- LEXX WATCH PARTY 6-15-13 June 13, 2013
- Stargate Pie May 21, 2013
- the coolest LEXX t-shirt in the world May 14, 2013
- in which I thought T'Pol was a goner May 2, 2013
- Please Don't Bring Merlin Back April 27, 2013
- Lost Lexx Art April 12, 2013
- The Runelord April 12, 2013
- The Dead Do Not Snark April 9, 2013
- early monthly update April April 4, 2013
- Lexx actors on twitter and facebook March 28, 2013
- Old Fashioned Chicken Stock March 26, 2013
- the making of Lexx March 24, 2013
- Why Lexx Is Personal March 23, 2013
- The Lexx Revival Project March 19, 2013
- Lexx Twitter Challenge March 18, 2013
- monthly update March 2013 March 14, 2013
- 3-13-13 March 13, 2013
- How big is the Lexx? February 26, 2013
- the day after Q February 22, 2013
- wrath of Q, sort of February 21, 2013
- diabetes and steroid meds February 21, 2013
- monthy update February 2013 February 15, 2013
- campfire scrambled eggs February 12, 2013
- Stanley Tweedle February 3, 2013
- the sounds of LEXX- info, downloads, soundtracks January 25, 2013
- I Worship His Shadow- part 9- Thodin January 10, 2013
- glitchy guestbook January 9, 2013
- Group LEXX watch twitter party January 5, 2013
- The Nerdist Wimp January 1, 2013
- You Can't Handle Watching LEXX December 30, 2012
- Loca Chili Bake December 29, 2012
- surprise! December 29, 2012
- Lexx- wallpapers, icons, pix December 27, 2012
- Kai on the River Kwai December 23, 2012
- Lexx on Netflix December 23, 2012
- End of the World December 21, 2012
- pleasant surprises December 18, 2012
- Happy Decemberween December 15, 2012
- Holiday Lexx December 14, 2012
- Lexx traffic December 12, 2012
- Why Lexx Is Important December 7, 2012
- Prisoner Zero December 7, 2012
- Lexx ecards December 4, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 8- Zev Bellringer December 1, 2012
- What, NO Lexx??? November 28, 2012
- chicken herd November 27, 2012
- sausage king of Chicago November 27, 2012
- Da Lexx- Rapdicted November 27, 2012
- Lexx on Droid November 25, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 7- Termination November 25, 2012
- Lexx and psychological health, perhaps November 20, 2012
- in between times November 19, 2012
- Any particular reason why Florida? November 18, 2012
- Holidays with Diabetes- Easier Than You Think November 14, 2012
- this year has been intoxicating November 13, 2012
- Lexx- opening sequence November 13, 2012
- Daycation November 9, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 6- The Big Bug November 7, 2012
- Wabble- online Scrabble game November 6, 2012
- and, sadly, no rooster around to make this worthwhile November 2, 2012
- Team Nerd November 1, 2012
- Saving Mr.s Thompson- the secrets October 31, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 5- The Time Prophet October 30, 2012
- autumn peak in the Ozarks October 29, 2012
- happy birthday! October 24, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 4- His Divine Shadow October 22, 2012
- 172 October 20, 2012
- how to give to charity, Charlie Brown October 19, 2012
- 173 October 18, 2012
- John Deakins- Barrow October 18, 2012
- 174 October 17, 2012
- 175 October 16, 2012
- 176 October 15, 2012
- Italian Chicken Fingers October 14, 2012
- killing time in between thunderstorms October 13, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 3- Stanley Tweedle October 12, 2012
- prisoner transports over a stadium... October 11, 2012
- why am I taking so long posting more Lexx?!?! >=( October 11, 2012
- stunt double October 9, 2012
- professional yard cleaning service October 8, 2012
- really good chicken soup October 7, 2012
- a meandering kind of day October 5, 2012
- The Nerdist Way October 3, 2012
- Saving Mr.s Thompson October 2, 2012
- I Worship His Shadow- part 2- The Cluster September 29, 2012
- mmm, rocks September 29, 2012
- Glade Top Trail September 24, 2012
- it's Halloween all year long with us September 19, 2012
- cackleberry factory September 16, 2012
- Lexx 1: I Worship His Shadow, part one September 13, 2012
- putting our purple on September 9, 2012
- restaurant quality alfredo sauce September 7, 2012
- The Lexx September 6, 2012
- visitors September 3, 2012
- blueberry buttermilk applejacks September 1, 2012
- Saving Mr. S Thompson August 29, 2012
- LARPing the night away August 24, 2012
- Marcel August 22, 2012
- ready for some peace and quiet August 20, 2012
- sex is wrong, or coming out of the pandimensional closet August 19, 2012
- ok, let's drag Lexx back out of the closet August 17, 2012
- in which I nearly saved Wil Wheaton's life August 16, 2012
- brain melt August 9, 2012
- molten lava cake could also equal love August 7, 2012
- the zombies got sitemeter August 7, 2012
- I married a zombie August 5, 2012
- feed me, Seymour August 4, 2012
- SAVE FERRIS July 29, 2012
- if there's time to lean, there's time to clean- ug July 28, 2012
- on a cicada-free night, you'd think we'd sleep July 28, 2012
- I have this chicken thing July 23, 2012
- Is anybody else watching Lost all over again? July 19, 2012
- zombie apocalypse July 13, 2012
- I did the unthinkable July 12, 2012